5. Live Entertainment: Myrtle Beach offers live entertainment to cater to every interest and age group.
The Carolina Opry is the longest-running variety show on the Grand Strand, The Carolina Opry is the grandaddy of Myrtle Beach shows and the only one to receive every major South Carolina tourism award.
The only show to be named “Top Attraction in Myrtle Beach” by CNBC and the only Myrtle Beach show to be highly-acclaimed by The New York Times, USA Today, NBC Nightly News, and CNN, The Carolina Opry remains the standard in Entertainment along the Grand Strand!
Often imitated but never equalled, the show is now in its 28th season and boasts nearly 8,000 performances.
Featuring All That, stars of NBC’s “America’s Got Talent”, Nashville recording artist Brad Long, and a cast of over 35 of the nation’s most talented performers – this variety show has everything from rock to country to Broadway to pop!
Produced by award-winning director Calvin Gilmore, the legend that brought live shows to Myrtle Beach, the show is 100% live and presented in his immaculate 2,000 seat state-of-the-art theater.
Gilmore is know for his insistence on only the best quality of talent and service and his flawless productions.
Fun for all ages, a trip to Myrtle Beach is incomplete without experiencing one of Gilmore’s productions, including The Carolina Opry, Good Vibrations, the LIGHT laser light show and The Carolina Opry Christmas Special.
The House of Blues at Barefoot Landing in North Myrtle Beach is the Grand Strand’s top spot for big-name concerts and live music events.
This 2,200-seat North Myrtle Beach music venue hosts some of the biggest touring acts in rock, metal, pop, punk, electronic, hip-hop, country and, of course, blues music — and that’s just the start of what goes on at this do-it-all nightlife spot.
The entertainment complex also features the delicious Crossroads at the House of Blues restaurant, a beach-themed outdoor bar and stage area know as The Deck, an art gallery, a gift shop and a private room that hosts special events ranging from live comedy shows and fundraisers to the popular Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre show.
The Alabama Theatre at Barefoot Landing in North Myrtle Beach features ONE: The Show, an award-winning favorite of locals and Myrtle Beach SC visitors alike. The show takes patrons on a musical walk through many different decades and genres.
The Alabama Theatre opened in 1993 after the group Alabama – whose musical roots began at The Bowery in Myrtle Beach – decided to bring their perspective of the entertainment industry to the Grand Strand.
Alabama Theatre also hosts “The South’s Grandest Christmas Show” during November and December.
Special guest performers have included Alabama, Vince Gill, Josh Turner, and Engelbert Humperdinck.
The convenient North Myrtle Beach location at Barefoot Landing makes it a perfect spot for a family vacation day, as plenty of shopping, attractions, dining and more are on the property.
The Palace Theatre is one of the best Myrtle Beach theaters for live entertainment.
It hosts a rotating stable of Myrtle Beach shows including variety shows, magic shows, comedy shows, Broadway-style musical performances, guest performances from some of the biggest names in live music and much more.
For May 2016, the Palace Theatre will feature CIRQUE EXTREME: This heart pounding thrill show features the world’s most dangerous and mind blowing circus artists who between them pump a million gallons of Adrenaline at every appearance! This award winning show includes thrills and unbelievable spills, that take the whole Cirque experience to a new level. Acts include the Globe of Death, where daredevil motorbike riders risk their lives as they hurtle inside the globe of doom at 60 miles an hour. And then there is the most dangerous act of all – the heart pounding Wheel of Destiny, with world class acrobatic stuntmen throwing themselves across the stage as the big wheel hurtles out of control. There is no other show that comes anywhere close, for excitement, thrills and jaw dropping feats of acrobatic and circus skills.
Pirates Voyage Dinner Show is an adventure for the whole family! One of the best dinner shows in Myrtle Beach, this awesome live-action performance is filled with amazing aerial acrobatic competition, swashbuckling action, mesmerizing mermaids, live animals, dramatic lighting effects, an amazing sound system and powerful pyrotechnics!
Pirates Voyage Fun, Feast & Adventure features an original music score by superstar musician Dolly Parton and an immersive adventure experience with a spectacular four-course meal as good as any of the best Myrtle Beach restaurants.
Medieval Times Dinner Show This exciting, family-friendly dinner show attraction, inspired by an 11th century feast and tournament, is filled with live jousting, awe-inspiring horsemanship and falconry and a four-course meal fit for a king.
Be swept away as you enjoy one of the best live shows in Myrtle Beach, cheering along one of six knights who compete in test of skill.
From ringside seats, discover a feast of the eyes and appetite with more action, more fun & more excitement than ever before.
Hang on to your helmet, this one-of-kind experience is one you won’t forget!
3. Myrtle Beach Boardwalk & Sky Wheel: Along the boardwalk is shops and restaurants and the Sky Wheel, 187-foot Ferris Wheel made its debut in Myrtle Beach in 2011, immediately lighting up the night sky with flashing bursts of color. The wheel is made up of 42 glass-windowed gondolas, each with temperature control that comes in handy during the summer and winter months. Each gondola holds up to six people
The ride is typically made up of three revolutions, which usually lasts between eight and ten minutes, but there's also a VIP option which takes place in a leather-seated gondola and lasts twice as long.
Top Things to Do and See in Myrtle Beach
1. Broadway at the Beach: With 150 stores and services, Broadway at the Beach is SC's favorite travel destination and Myrtle Beach's most popular places to eat, shop, enjoy live entertainment and nightlife. Featuring Wonderworks, Hollywood Wax Museum, Ripley's Aquarium, and many other attractions.
9. Golf: If you enjoy the sport of Golf; Myrtle Beach has over 75 private and public golf courses with packages that are sure to fit each taste and budget around. It is advisable to review www.myrtlebeachgolf.com to schedule your golf tee time before you arrive.
4. Downwind Sails Water Sports: The accident-free experts at Downwind Sails have been providing a variety of boating experiences in Myrtle Beach since 1981, offering services like
Parasailing – soar up above the ocean with up to three people per sail. You can also choose whether you’d like to stay dry or dip down for an occasional splash.
Jet Skis – hop on one of these popular water vehicles alone or with a partner and motor your way around the open sea.
Banana Boats – the only thing you’ll need to do here is hang on and enjoy the ride. Each boat accommodates up to six at a time.
Hobie Cats – If proper sailing is your thing, then this is the boat for you. These boats are quick and agile, making for an adventurous water experience.
Ocean Kayaks – This could be the most fun work-out in the area. Paddle out along the coast or through the waves in these one or two-person vessels.
For your peace of mind, all of the captains at Downwind are certified by the US Coast Guard, and highly-qualified in CPR and first-aid. Also, training is available if needed, and all safety equipment will be provided on site.
2. Family Kingdom Amusement Park: Myrtle Beach's only seaside amusement park features more than 38 thrilling rides for the whole family to enjoy.
In the last few years, we added exciting new rides including the Twist ‘n Shout steel roller coaster, the interactive Jump Around Dune Buggies, and the Magic Bikes. Of course, your favorites are ready and waiting. Hold on as the Swamp Fox wooden roller coaster takes your breath away at every turn, splash down on our Log Flume, free-fall 110 feet in our Slingshot Drop Zone, bounce a bit on our bumper cars or hit the Go-Kart tracks.
8. Shopping: Myrtle Beach shopping centers offer more than a few chances to get your shop on. In fact, Myrtle Beach is near the top of the list for destinations with the highest retail-space-per-capita of any place in the world, meaning you’ll never be at a loss for places to shop.
Whether it’s high-end boutiques and couture clothing you seek or airbrushed t-shirts and $2 flip flops, there’s a store for you.
We’ve got enormous indoor shopping centers like Coastal Grand Mall, Myrtle Beach Mall and Inlet Square Mall, as well as great outdoor shopping complexes such as The Market Common, Broadway at the Beach and Barefoot Landing.
There’s also a number of great discount shopping to be found, with two locations of Tanger Outlets, as well as plenty of great flea markets, thrift shops and consignment stores for a true bargain shopping experience.
And if all that’s not enough, the Grand Strand also has a ton of unique specialty stores spanning its shore from iconic places like Boulineau’s in North Myrtle Beach and the Gay Dolphin gift shop in Myrtle Beach down to the beachwear stores of the south end and the Pawleys Island Hammock Shops.
10. Dining: Myrtle Beach is known for their King Crab and endless array of Fresh Seafood however if you are not a Seafood Fan Myrtle Beach, South Carolina restaurant and dining offers hundreds of restaurants, pubs, dinner theaters, cafes, and coffee houses, the Myrtle Beach Area dining offers fresh ingredients, first-class service, and delicious fare. Choose from an assortment of cuisine, including:
American, Asian, BBQ, Cajun, Chinese, German, Greek, Indian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Mediterranean, Mexican, Southern, Southwestern & Thai to name a few.
12. TicketReturn.com Field at Pelicans Ballpark: is located in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina and is the home field of the Myrtle Beach Pelicans, a minor league affiliate of the Chicago Cubs in the Carolina League.
11. Myrtle Beach Speedway: Experience the rush, thrill and adventure of the Grand Strand at the Myrtle Beach Speedway. Come to Myrtle Beach Speedway to make your summer vacation one to remember. Drive a real NASCAR race car at NASCAR Racing Experience. NASCAR Racing Experience offers driving experiences around the Myrtle Beach Speedway plus NASCAR Ride Alongs.
Don't want to drive a real NASCAR race car? Take a NASCAR Ride Along at the Myrtle Beach Speedway! Bring the family to Myrtle Beach speedway for family attractions and family entertainment. Take a NASCAR Racing Experience Pace Car Ride at Myrtle Beach Speedway.
Voted #1 for Things to Do at Myrtle Beach Speedway. The entire family can take a Pace Car Ride. Does your family love racing? Take them to the NASCAR Whelen Races at Myrtle beach Speedway. NASCAR Whelen Races are perfect for families looking for things to do in Myrtle Beach. Nopi Nationals Super Show is at Myrtle Beach Speedway July 24, 25, and 26th. Come see the Nopi Car Show and Nopi event in Myrtle Beach at Myrtle Beach Speedway! Races are on Saturday night and kids 12 & under get in FREE!
7. Fishing: There are no limits on the types of fishing in the Myrtle Beach area, from pier to deep sea charter fishing, saltwater to fresh water and inland fishing. Cast your line into the any of the fishing waters in the area and bring out a catch that can be a vacation fish story to remember.
The Tower's Family Retreat & Tow Show
6. Night Life: With hundreds of night spots to choose from, no matter what side of town you’re staying on you’re sure to find a spot that suits your fancy, whether its a cozy little pub, a biker-friendly bar or — for those bachelors and bachelorettes — an adult entertainment venue.
If you’re looking for a relaxing evening, there’s plenty of great oceanfront bars, late-night restaurants and swanky wine bars where you can wind down and enjoy a peaceful night out on the town.
If you’d prefer a little livelier time, places such as Broadway at the Beach’s Celebrity Square offer plenty of way to party the night away, with numerous dance clubs, a combination karaoke bar/sports bar/arcade and even a dueling piano bar.